In Georgia, #cut50 is partnering with the National Incarceration Association (NIA).
NIA has planned a series of actions for Georgia:
1. An email messaging blast of the tailored power point to targeted state legislators for circulation to their constituents throughout Georgians.
The info packet blast with follow-up actions also targeted to:
- Public Defenders
- Clerks of Court
- District Attorneys
- County Commission Chairs
- Congressional Offices
- Georgia Black Elected Officials
- College Campus Student Activities Offices
- Some select larger churches in each media market area
- Georgia State Agencies
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Atlanta Rotary
2. Other partners will blitz with phone calls to make sure legislative offices are aware of the targeted e-mail messages. Legislators are targeted by media markets so that as the empathy campaign continues we will be building a mass communications strategy map:
- Atlanta Metro
3. NIA is drafting special Resolutions and Proclamations and negotiating the presentation and reading of these by leading elected officials.
4. NIA played a lead role in a special tour of the largest county jail in the state with victims of crime and apathetic curiosity seekers. This was a lead-up action to test the efficacy of optics to build sincere empathy going forward. We will tell that story of success as our teams make messaging phone calls and can post stories on partner websites.
5. A special event staged at a central gathering spot in Little Five Points. This is an open social awareness community of restaurants, shops and pubs. The NIA team has secured venue and entertainment to maximize crowd draw. We expect robust recruiting of Empathy Ambassadors among this universe of progressives, activist and college campus leaders
6. Face-to-face interactions, speakers, banners and distributed materials will push specific action steps to continue the recruiting of Empathy Ambassadors at these event and throughout the year.
The day starts at the Fulton County Government Complex for proclamation reading:
10:00 to 11:00AM 141 Pryor St., SW Atlanta, GA 30334
Team moves to the State Capitol for full day of visits and phone calls:
11:00 to Noon 206 Washington St., SW Atlanta, GA 30334
Team meets other supporters at Einstein's Restaurant in Midtown for advocacy interactions:
4:00PM 1077 Juniper St., NE Atlanta, GA 30309
March 01, 2017 at 1:50am - 4:50am
Julie Mai ·