“Crime Hurts, Justice Should Heal”
Thank you for being a key partner in the National Day of Empathy on March 5th, 2019!
Help us build this movement by expanding our message to your network of friends, colleagues, and supporters. Using social media, we can create empathy on a massive scale for millions of Americans behind bars and their loved ones.
We are asking ALL partners to go FACEBOOK LIVE on the Day of Empathy AT LEAST twice during the day. Broadcast a portion of the event, interview your community members, share your story, and discuss your local actions and policy issues. Van Jones and #cut50 will be re-sharing almost all of the FB Lives - so even if views are small at the start, they will pick up once we share. Please use #DayOfEmpathy when you go LIVE and for all posts & tag #cut50.
Accounts to Tag/Follow:
- Instagram: @cut50
Hashtags to use:
Websites to promote:
- Day of Empathy Video content: dayofempathy.org/videos
- Downloadable fact sheet and graphics and can be found at: dayofempathy.org/downloads
Posting best practices:
- 85% of the most engaging posts on Facebook included photos/graphics/images. Multiple photo posts increased clicks 1290%, according to a Facebook case study.
- Tweets under 100 characters get 17% more engagement!
- Hashtags can increase engagement by 100% but when more than two hashtags are used in one post, engagement drops by an average of 17 %.
SAMPLE POSTS TO SHARE BEFORE DAY OF EMPATHY:
PRE-DOE: FB/Instagram Posts:
Crime hurts. Justice should heal. That’s why on Tuesday March 5th, we’re joining the National #DayofEmpathy with #cut50[tag page @cut50] at our _________[your state] State Capitol to build empathy in our lawmakers to act NOW on criminal justice reform. Can we count on you to join us? Learn more and sign up: DayOfEmpathy.org
Together, we can create empathy on a massive scale for millions of Americans behind bars and their loved ones by bringing impacted people and their families together with elected officials. On March 5th, we’ll do just that. Join us for #cut50’s [tag page @cut50] National #DayOfEmpathy at our _________[your state] State Capitol, as we stand together for change: DayOfEmpathy.org
On March 5th, we’re joining @cut_50 for the national #DayOfEmpathy. We want to see action on criminal justice reform. Join us in centering the faces and names of those who’ve been impacted: dayofempathy.org
Crime hurts. Justice should heal. That’s why on March 5, we’re joining the @cut_50's National #DayofEmpathy at our _________[your state] State Capitol to build empathy in our lawmakers to act NOW on criminal justice reform. Will you join us? Learn more + sign up: www.dayofempathy.org
Together, we can close the empathy gap to rectify the damage caused by mass incarceration on millions of our fellow Americans. Join us and @cut_50 on March 5th for #DayOfEmpathy. Learn more: www.dayofempathy.org
.____________[tag your governor], on March 5th, we’re joining @cut_50 at the State Capitol for #DayOfEmpathy, to put faces to the millions of Americans incarcerated + formerly incarcerated. Will you join us and prioritize #CJReform + #Dignity for ALL Americans?
SAMPLE POSTS TO SHARE DURING THE DAY OF EMPATHY:
DAY OF DOE: FB/Instagram Posts:
Today, we are partnering with #cut50 [tag page @cut50] for #DayofEmpathy, a national day of action to generate empathy on a massive scale for millions of Americans impacted by the criminal justice system. This movement needs you – join us: DayofEmpathy.org
- Join us TODAY at ____ [time of your event] at the _________[your state] State Capitol for the national #DayofEmpathy to for the end of mass incarceration. Learn more and join the movement: DayofEmpathy.org
- Today, we’re joining 50 states across the country and the District of Columbia for #cut50[tag] national Day of Empathy[tag page] to highlight the urgency of criminal justice reform. #DayOfEmpathy
Note: Instagram will not allow users to hyperlink the website.
DAY OF DOE: Tweets:
Today, we're proud to partner with @cut_50 for #DayofEmpathy, along with thousands of advocates & folks around the country impacted by our criminal justice system. If you can, join us at the _________[your state] State Capitol. If not, follow along and join the movement at dayofempathy.org.
#____[your state’s initials], folks! Where ya at? Today is national #DayOfEmpathy, and we’re at the State Capitol, telling our policymakers to prioritize #CJReform. Let's show them the faces behind the movement. Join us: www.dayofempathy.org.
Today, on #DayOfEmpathy, we stand in solidarity with @cut_50 & criminal justice reform advocates across the country to build empathy for the millions affected by mass incarceration. Crime hurts, but justice should heal. Join the movement: DayOfEmpathy.org
- Dedicate today to the millions of Americans who've been impacted by the criminal justice system. 1 in 2 have an immediate family member who's been incarcerated. Join @cut_50's #DayOfEmpathy today to put a face to mass incarceration. Learn more: dayofempathy.org.